Cobham Technical Services – Vector Fields Software and its product Opera have been at the forefront of finite element electromagnetic analysis for more than twenty-five years.
Opera is a general-purpose finite element software suite for the design and optimization of electromagnetic devices in two or three space dimensions. The software has been in continuous development since 1984, and its accuracy and capabilities for multiphysics analysis has made it a firm favourite in both scientific and industrial communities. The ability to couple electromagnetic analysis to built-in thermal and stress solutions, along with drive circuits, mechanical drives and system representations allows in-depth analysis. Remove assumptions and bottlenecks from your design process and deliver right-first-time products.
This webinar will look at how this capability is provided to the user, and how it is used in applications like motors, magnets, transformers and electron beam devices.
Who Should Attend:
- Electromagnetic Analysts & Designers
- Electromechanical Analysts & Designers
The following topics will be covered during the webinar:
- Introduction to Cobham Technical Services and the Vector Fields Software division
- Introduction to single-physics analysis using Opera
- Electromagnetic analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Stress Analysis
- Coupled Physics
- Coupling Electromagnetic to Thermal Analysis
- Coupling Electromagnetic to Stress Analysis
- Coupling Electromagnetic to Circuit Analysis
- Coupling Electromagnetic to Systems Analysis
- Drive systems for Motors
- Losses in Transformers
- Quench of Superconducting Magnets
- Integrity of an X-ray tube
- Question & Answer session